Sunday 6 July 2014

Additional point - C

 About 4 weeks ago I read a book about Globalization – I felt like this would be a great addition to ongoing Business news. The first chapter took me through ( in details ) the History of Globalization. A huge portion of details to be memorized thus, my brain decided to go on strike almost after 20 minutes, but before that happened, I managed to take a few notes. Which are;

Globalization comprises two components

  a)      Modernization – involves the upgrading of technologies and living standards that occur  as ideas, products and services
  b)    Westernization – Involves the emulation of lifestyle and behaviours of Western societies most notably those of North America and Western Europe.

Surely I accepted those two aforementioned points and quickly turned the page. Although, within a few seconds a thought came to me, to be more precise – I reminded myself of a quote which said “globalization is really another name of the dominant role of the United state” That quote was said by Henry Kissinger - the former US secretary of state. No surprise at all! 
There would not be anything special about it if, on the same day, I didn't watch news relating exactly to the developing topic.- Is China about to overtake US as the world's largest economy?( BBC, 2014) That headline appeared on the official BBC website making me think that the book is like a good story about something someone said or happened in the past. But what about the present day, not to mention the future!
So as it stands now, I kind of dare to add another point which in my humble opinion, should be written in bold;

   c)      China-zation – involves all the facts that take China ahead of the USA and following economies.

To conclude – we can’t only rely on books; we must pay attention to on-going news more than ever before, as the XXI century business, changes quicker than the British weather!

       Bottom line – don’t let your brain to become an old Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment